Saturday 5 October 2019

My First Fish


My First Fish

Waiahi waiting for the fish to bite.
On Saturday I went to catch a fish off the wharf at Whangaroa. I went with my family and my cousins.  My first fish was a yellowtail. 


First, we waited for Mason and his family to arrive. We waited and when they arrived we started
to fish. I had to use a fishing rod with some nylon on it and there was squid bait on the hook.


Next, I lowered it down into the calm sea and then I felt some big, big nibbles but then the fish
swam away. I then took Uncles fishing rod and there were heaps of hooks on it.
When I felt them pulling I saw two yellowtails. Then I wound it up slowly and then
I caught the yellowtails and I picked the fish up by their heads and put them in the bucket.
They were trying to get out of the bucket and one
slipped out of the bucket. I picked the fish up and the scales were really cool on
my hands when I picked the fish up. They were all over my hands and they were sticking
to my hands.


Finally, we went on to the other little floating wharf and we waited and waited.
We didn’t see any fish so we went back up to the big wharf.
Then I caught one more fish on Uncles rod. I picked it up and put it into the bucket.
It was sliggering around the bucket. It looked really cute.
I wanted to throw it back but I also wanted to keep it.

It was a good fishing day.

Waiahi holding her two Yellowtail fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment